Strategy Analytics have revealed that more than 1 in 3 North Americans use Korean smartphones.
As we discussed previously, Apple was the number 1 smartphone vendor in the USA with 37.6% market share in 2012. LG and Samsung are catching up, and their sales in the US and Canada continue to grow. Samsung has 26.6% market share and LG has 7.1%. Those two combined make a 33.7% - and according to the market research company, the two Korean companies' combined sales are expected to surpass Apple's in the near future, especially with LG's new series (read the article here).
Other players in the smartphone market include Motorola with 6.6% market share, and Huawei and ZTE with 3.0% and 3.4% respectively. HTC and RIM both have 5% market share. Nokia, on the other hand, has 1.5% market share.
We wrote about Huawei and ZTE (both Chinese companies) in the Korean market; it will be interesting to see how they do in both the US market and the Korean market this year.
As for Korea, Samsung and LG are catching up fast with Apple, so it will also be interesting to see who becomes the no.1 smartphone vendor in the US in 2013!
- China Catching Up To Korea In The Smartphone Industry & Market
- 50% Of Japanese Market Taken Over By Global Handset Makers
- Samsung’s “Galaxy S4″ To Be Revealed In March
- Apple Exceeds Samsung In Mobile Phone Sales In The US – How Do You Like Them Apples?
- LG To Launch Second Series Of L3, L5 and L7 Models: Is LG Catching Up With Samsung?