We at beSUCCESS are glad to announce that we have entered into a partnership with Startup Genome Compass, which is a simple benchmarking tool for entrepreneurs to evaluate their progress against other startups and make more informed product and business decisions by utilizing a data driven feedback loop.
Using the Startup Compass not only helps startups better evaluate their progress and make better decisions, the data entrepreneurs contribute enables us to analyze new startup ecosystems that can yield insights for entrepreneurs deciding where to start their company, investors deciding where to allocate their capital, large companies looking for acquisitions targets and policy makers who want to make their entrepreneurship ecosystem flourish.
The team working on the Startup Genome Project is lead by a group of entrepreneurs in collaboration with academics from Berkeley and Stanford. You can find out more about the team and the report at blog.startupcompass.co.
Possible Use Cases of Startup Genome Compass:
- Measure progress by seeing your key performance indicators in comparison to startups that are similar to you.
- Avoid premature scaling by identifying whether the 5 dimensions of your startup are aligned within and with each other. The 5 dimensions are customer, product, team, business model, financials and market.
- Set the right priorities and align your team based on the benchmark your type and stage.
- Find your weaknesses. See if your user growth or conversion funnels are good enough to move to the next stage.
- Explore resources and tips that are relevant for your type and stage
- Share your report with Mentors and Investors so they can support you better
- Use the benchmark as a supplement for your monthly board meeting.
We will keep you posted on the different initiatives of Startup Genome and our partnership. Click here to visit the Startup Compass website.